[PB] PB 2400 Portable CD Drive Follow-Up

RBMBoucher at aol.com RBMBoucher at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 11:08:33 PDT 2004

Thanks for the responses regarding portable CD-ROM drives to work with a 2400.
I'll be looking for a Panasonic KLX-810M /810MN (20x) or a Pioneer PCP-PR24
(24x) on eBay unless I hear from readers who what to part with one or can
suggest where I may find one at a reasonable price. These models were the fastest,
smallest and lightest of the lot. Otherwise, I may have to opt for a Panasonic
KLX-783M (8x).

As someone wrote in and pointed out as a precaution, (matching an experienced
I had recently), these older CD players will not read CD-RW disks. Anyone
know of newer drives out there to overcome this problem?

Regards,

Rick

(Sent to "Powerbook" List because some of you have undoubtly have, or had a
2400 in the past.)