[PB] adding ram

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 26 09:59:05 PDT 2004

>> Here's another issue: I just got more RAM for my new powerbook but I
>> can't open that RAM door. I believe the instructions say to use a 00
>> screwedriver.
>> Jim
>> Powerbook G4 12" 1.33 GHz
>
> Jim,
> It does say...using a Phillips size 00 screwdriver, unscrew the memory slot
> door and remove it from  the bottom of your computer...are you sure you have
> a 00 Phillips?

I just went through this, and though I have no idea what number my
screwdrivers are, I happened to find one in my toolbox that worked
perfectly. Why don't you just take your 'book down to the local hardware
store and find one there that fits. But make sure it fits well, as those
screws seem easy to strip and I had to go through the operation several
times because the original ram chip I was sold turned out not to work.

Brian