[PB] adding ram

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 30 15:58:02 PDT 2004

>> I am sorry, I thought he was referring to the 15 or 17" PowerBooks.
>> You are right on the 12" as it's logic board and general construction is
>> based on the iBooks. I missed that it was 12 " PowerBook.
>
> Actually, it was a 15" PB I was referring to, but it's interesting to note
> that the 12" is different.
>
> Brian

 Yeah the 12" is more or less based on the iBook.  Even the screen, which is
from the iBook line, is built differently, different specs, than the 15" and
17" PowerBooks.
The made change on the board, the bus, and it takes more RAM, etc.
So the main design is relative and the memory setup is the same for slots.