[PB] Just a generic OS dislike

at leX zifnab at mac.com
Fri Jul 1 13:03:57 PDT 2005

Well

Here is more stuff to throw in the OS pot
How about W.I.N.E and Crossover on OSX :-)

W.I.N.E is sure thing as to if, if not to when.
http://www.winehq.com/?issue=278#Apple,%20Intel,%20Wine,%20and%20Darwine
However Codeweavers are being VERY upfront about Crossover running on
Macintel OSX
http://www.codeweavers.com/
As to how cool or not this is, for developers/users/apple/the world in
general who knows...
and how it will add to those irritating OS and programming niggles
could be beyond the dreams of analysts :-)
What ever the case having windoze programs running natively within OSX
(and no M$ in sight) is not a dream anymore.
It will be here when Macintel box's hit the stores and possibly before.

Here is to variety, it is the spice of life, just don't choke on it :-)

Alex