[PB] Test

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Wed Jun 29 12:16:54 PDT 2005

On 29/6/05 13:40, "Fabian Fang" <ftf at mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2005, at 2:32 AM, @leX wrote:
>
>> That is a very reasonable decision, in my book, and I went and
>> joined the powerbook list.
>> Little did I expect..........     SILENCE!
>>
>> OK I got the , you have been subscribed, email so I know the list
>> is active. Maybe everyone is asleep?
>> So I am a patient chap, I wait for the alarm bell to ring. 10
>> days... no posts  20 days...  no posts. Geesh where is everyone?
>> 28 days and WOW A POST
>
> because much of the action is over on the LEM (LowEndMac) PowerBooks
> and G-Books Lists:
> <http://lowendmac.com/lists/>

Or on the iBook list...many of us who originally started out with iBooks
have since migrated to the PB series but have remained on the lists we were
used to.

I also went with the 'Albook users this way please' email from Eric when
this list was created and noticed quickly that because everyone was tolerant
of the AlBook users on the Ti list from early on, there was no motivation to
migrate. Many of the posters have made online 'friends' at certain lists or
from experience know whose posts to 'trust' for help or information. I
expect this is another reason that this list hasn't taken off
yet...interesting thought about the new Mactel Books...maybe at that point
there will be a real boom.

I do have an issue that I am hoping the list can help with though...

When I upgraded from Panther to Tiger I now seem to have to join my own open
Airport network every time I wake the Book from sleep or restart! What makes
this all the more annoying is that my wifes PB seems to have the network in
its 'trusted' networks list and automatically joins it...(we did a wipe and
clean install for hers though).

Any thoughts on why or better yet how to let my AEBS join the trusted list
are appreciated...

Cheers from a unusually sunny Wales,

Richard