[PB] Battery endurance (was: Test)

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Wed Jun 29 13:18:27 PDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 4:07 PM, Richard McKay wrote:

> I used to have a second battery for a previous Book and hardly ever
> used it
> (besides flying I was hardly ever more than 3.5 hours away from a
> power
> source) so that in the end it really wasn't that smart a purchase.
> With the
> new PB I expect that I will be able to last at least 2 years until
> I will
> most likely upgrade again anyway.

I got a second battery when I got my Rev. A Lunchtray Deluxe (17-inch
PBG4) in April 2003.  Every other week or so, I swap batteries.  I
find that I still get great battery life in both, about 3 hours with
minimal power saving techniques.  A friend who got the same machine
in the summer of 2003 has pretty much burned out his one battery.  I
guess it depends on your usage, but I think the second battery was a
good investment for me.   I'd like to believe my plan of battery
swaps should keep me in business for another year or so, maybe more.

Peter

"I felt something, a disturbance in the network, as if a million Mac
zealots cried out in horror and were suddenly silenced."

-- One Slashdot reader comments on Apple's switch to Intel.

Peter Krug
pkrug at mac.com