[PB] Since we're already OT... (Loading OS X on G3)

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Thu Jun 30 19:32:46 PDT 2005

Hello List,

I just acquired an iMac DV with a 500 MHz G3, 256MB ram, and a 30GB
HD.  I'm trying to install Mac OS 10.4, but the system keeps failing
about 95% of the way through.  I have the software restore disks that
were original with the system and I have fully restored the original
software.  From the web pages I've browsed, I need to update from
9.0.4 to 9.1 and then upgrade to the 5.4.1 firmware version.

All of these items seem to have completed successfully, but my OS
10.4 installation continues to fail.

Anyone know what's up?