[PB] Mystery Cable

Bob Salsburg infores at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 7 09:19:16 PDT 2006

I hope someone out there has done some PowerBook repairs and knows about my mystery connector.

I bought a used Ti 500 15" top case to replace my severely cracked one on my venerable PB. The top case has to be completely gutted. I had several aids that I found on the Net.

While reassembling, I found a small copper colored flat cable with two connectors. It is about 1" in length and maybe 1/2" wide. The cable as a permanent bend which appears to make a right angle transition to a device to the logic board. It might also be an extension.

I do not remember it during disassembly. Does anyone recall what this little cable does and where it goes?

Bob