[PB] powerbook buzzing

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Sun Mar 5 14:14:22 PST 2006

My PBG4 is buzzing again. It's about a year old and is under Apple
Care. It was buzzing pretty badly prior to the hard drive crashing a
few months ago. I took it to an authorized apple repair place and
they replaced the hard drive. They said the buzzing was the hard
drive starting to fail. Now it's only been a couple of months and
I've got the same buzzing again. When I lift the computer and turn it
at a particular angle, there is a buzzing sound like a fast moving
part rubbing somewhere.

Am I just unlucky, with two hard drives failing in a row? or is the
hard drive failure a symptom of something else?

I can call Apple care or my repair people and ask them, but maybe
someone on this list has some useful knowledge in this regard.

The buzzing is still pretty slight and not nearly as bad as it was
when I lost the HD, so I'm not in a hurry to hand it over to the
repair people for a week. Yes, I have a good backup routine.

Thanks,

Jim

Powerbook G4 12" 1.33 GHz
OS X 10.4.4