[PB] Wireless Interference

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Mon Mar 6 10:52:47 PST 2006

On Mar 6, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Ross Winn wrote:

> it sounds like you are configured incorrectly. Are you running wide
> open, or do you use a password?

Our base station is running b/g, with 128-bit WEP.  No radius or
anything to restrict computers.  If my Powerbook is sleeping, she has
no problem accessing the network.  But if my computer is connected to
the internets via the base station and her computer is next to mine,
even within a few feet of the base station, she cannot surf.  At
these times, she might have a couple of bars of signal strength, but
websites do not resolve.  When I shut off, she moves to 4 bars of
strength and everything is hunky-dory for her, implying that she is
configured correctly.

I might try WPA, but my son has a rev A iBook that doesn't support
WPA, so it would just be an experiment.

Thanks,

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0.7 on Mac OS X 10.4.5
pkrug at mac.com