[PB] Wireless Interference

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Mar 7 09:28:34 PST 2006

Thanks to everyone that posted suggestions.  Mike Amato's question
about wireless phones reminded me about the baby monitor.  I did a
pretty exhaustive set of experiments with the baby monitor's channels
and the base station's channels and found that no matter where we
were in the house and no matter what the channel settings, if the
baby monitor and my wife's powerbook were in the same room, no
connection for her, but my Rev. A LunchTray was fine.  Chalk it up to
those extra 2 inches of aluminum absorbing the interference?
Interestingly, if we are in the path of the baby monitor but right
next to the base station, I have fine connection when both powerbooks
are up, but she does not connect.  If I close my Powerbook, she
magically becomes able to join the network.  I wonder if my Bluetooth
is interfering, too.  Hmmmmmm.....

Thanks,

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0.7 on Mac OS X 10.4.5
pkrug at mac.com