[PB] PB 1.67 Keys will not stay lighted

Geoffrey Loeffler geoffrey at alaska.net
Thu May 25 04:52:41 PDT 2006

I have a 17" 1.67 PB and the keys will not stay lighted. The dimmer
controls seem to come from the speaker grill and Fn 9 and F 10 have
some control over brightness. Some nights it will be lighted all the
time . Others I have to slide my hands on the speakers and  up the
brightness on F9. Sometimes I get a grey outline with a circle, which
of course means no lighted key board. Is there a way to just set it
for what I like or does it have a mind of it's own and dim as it
feels like it..
Thanks
Geoff