[PB] Tape off the t.v.

Lela Tong artofbusiness_computer at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 4 15:16:33 PST 2006

Hi,

This may be old hat, but I'm new and need to get a new set of
equipment including laptop, camcorder, and digital camera.  Just
wondering, I've heard that you can directly copy off the t.v. by
plugging in the Mac.

Has anyone tried this?

Reason:  I'm in a rush to buy a camcorder and the salesguy rec that
I spend extra $ to get a camcorder which can allow me to tape off
the t.v. (helpful for old VHS tapes since I don't have a VCR) onto my laptop. However, I heard that the Mac's don't need
the intermediary.

I'd appreciate your advice.

Lela