[PB] Tape off the t.v.

Lela Tong artofbusiness_computer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 14:10:29 PST 2006

Hi Vishal,

  Thank you!

  Have you tried it?  By chance, when you copy off the t.v. or copy the vhs tape, is the resolution not so good or is there some specification which will influence the quality (ex. 1.3 megapixel vs. 680k vs. 3 megapixel)?

  Lela

Vishal <overjoyed at gmail.com> wrote:
  yes you can, I'll tell you

  On 11/4/06, Lela Tong <artofbusiness_computer at yahoo.com> wrote:   Hi,

This may be old hat, but I'm new and need to get a new set of
equipment including laptop, camcorder, and digital camera.  Just
wondering, I've heard that you can directly copy off the t.v. by
plugging in the Mac.

Has anyone tried this?

Reason:  I'm in a rush to buy a camcorder and the salesguy rec that
I spend extra $ to get a camcorder which can allow me to tape off
the t.v. (helpful for old VHS tapes since I don't have a VCR) onto my laptop. However, I heard that the Mac's don't need
the intermediary.

I'd appreciate your advice.

Lela

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: