[PB] MacBook Pro ExpressCard/34 WiFi suggestions?

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Mon Nov 20 12:54:28 PST 2006

On Nov 19, 2006, at 6:27 PM, Marc Farnum Rendino wrote:

> At 3:10 PM -0800 on 06/11/19, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>

>> Curious as to what you are wanting to do since the MacBook Pro
>> comes with AirPort built in?
>
> Here's one reason: The built-in Wifi goes totally dead as soon you
> start tcpdump, Ethereal, WireShark, etc. - even if not tracing on
> that interface.
>
> - Marc

Marc,

Actually, the folks over at KisMac have 'fixed' the driver for the
Intel MacBook Pro Airport Extreme cards so you get monitor, or
promiscuous mode, and those programs you mention, sorta work.  But, I
was them to just work.  Curious if the Dell card would work under
Windows or similar OS on this hardware.

-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks