[PB] Perplexing behaviour

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 21:31:25 PST 2006

On Nov 25, 2006, at 5:41 PM, Hector Ignacio Macedo wrote:

> I have a G4 PB into which I saved the documents of my older
> computer, but now when I try to open almost any file (most of them
> where created with TextEdit, but there were other apps too) the
> problem is when I try to open them, a dialog comes telling me that
> the document is used by the system and it can not be opened. I
> already tried changing ownership and repairing permissions, but to
> no avail. Can anyone give me a hint as to what's going on and what
> to do to solve this problem?

(This is just a guess.) Do the files have the correct icons for the
program that you expect the file to be opened by? If not, then try
doing a get info on one the files in question and checking that the
program that you want the file to opened by is correct. If this fixes
the file then redo the get info and click on the "Change All..."
button. Do this for each type of file that doesn't open correctly.

Phil