[PB] PC Slot Memory Limitation?

Lee Licata lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Apr 6 07:39:08 PDT 2007

Dear List,

I am running 17" PB G4, system 10.4.9, all software up to date.

In the PC slot on the side, I have a Sony Memory Stick/PC Card
Adapter and normally, inside the adapter resides a 128 mb memory
stick that I use to keep some important data backed up on a regular
basis.

Got a new camera and purchased a 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo. It came
with a Duo adapter that allows my current Memory Stick/PC Card
Adapter to accept the new Memory Stick Pro Duo.

However, the Mac does not recognize it, nor even see it using Disk
Utility.

Could the slot have a memory limitation? Or maybe the Mac OS has one
that I am not aware of?

Might there be a way to "force" the PB to see the new memory stick so
maybe I can troubleshoot why it does not come up on the desktop?

TIA

Lee