[PB] Powerbook HD died after Applecare - where to get it replaced?

TjL luomat at gmail.com
Thu May 17 07:58:58 PDT 2007

The HD on my 15" 1.5Ghz Powerbook just died.

Applecare expired 2 weeks ago (Grrrr)

I've seen the instructions for pulling it apart and I'm really not
sure that I can do that (not very handy with my hands) so I'm
thinking of having it sent out for repairs.

There are no Apple Stores or Authorized Repair places around, so I'm
probably going to have to mail it.

Anyone know of a good place to get them repaired?

I have a MacBook that I'm using as my main computer anyway, so speed
is a lesser consideration than price (and of course reliability).

TjL