[PB] OSX for Wallstreet

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 05:42:45 PST 2010

 Hi,

I have a friend who runs a non-profit organization for kiddies who wants a
bunch of machines for her charges to use for help with homework, some light
webbing, etc.  Trouble is, she wants LAPTOPS (I have about 3000 iMac G3 --
but Nooooo!) and she wants them, gulp, for FREE!

Between my dayjob at Daystar Tech and my hobbying, I have several
good-condition, working Wallstreets, and I am trying to workout something where I can
give about 20 of them to my friend for use in her organization.  I figg'r I
can do them all with small (10-20gb) HDDs, cd-roms, wifi B cards and maybe
even a usb pc card.

The question I have is: what OSX works best on this machine??  I know up to
Tiger can be installed using xpostfacto, but how does it operate in real
life?

My Wallstreet uses 10.2, which is officially supported, but I *also* have
to press the screen bright/dim buttons at startup or else I will have a dark
LCD.  That is something I would like to avoid having the lil' cherubs to do

Any thoughts?

Craig W.