[Ti] newbie question DVD region code

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sun Dec 1 07:32:21 PST 2002

At 11:48 +0000 1-12-2002, Alan Baldwin wrote:
>Just taken delivery of 1GHZ Supderdrive TiBook, to complement my two Cubes.
>I love it.
>  UK, so I wanted to ask if I can make the Superdrive multi-region?
>Daren't insert a DVD yet, in case it's one of those cases where you
>have 4 chances to choose a region, then you're stuck.

Alan - I made the drive on my Rev A Ti-500 Powerbook region-free,
because it was possible to flash the firmware. It worked perfectly
and now I play my DVD from all regions without issue.
  Such a patch has not yet been written for the Superdrive, or not yet
for more recent Powerbook drives.

regards,  Trevor