[Ti] Do you have any bubbling?

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Sun Dec 1 08:34:16 PST 2002

Bubbling is the physical separation of the paint from the surface,
losing adhesiveness. As long as you handle the Ti like an eggshell,
you'll be okay.
Call Apple, they'll fix it.

A few years back-like in the late 80's, GMC kept having these truck
customers complain about paint bubbling on the hoods. GMC went to the
hood painting division and found nothing. Nada. Well, a year later, a
fella just happenstances to be gazing at a hood polisher in action,
after the paint was dried. He noticed a drip of sweat dropping from the
slave-er, employee, then being wiped up by the polish rag.

The smart guy took note, and then noted more that all the polishers, on
all those hoods used, like we all do, partake in the drug UAD- as in
Underarm Deodorant Anti-Perspirant treatment, such as Right Guard, Sure,
or my office favorite, Old Spice Hi-Endurance, which all contain
Aluminum Chloride, as such as Aluminum Zirconium.

No, it wasn't the sweat, it was the active aluminum compound in UAD,
using sweat beads as there gravitational transfusion pod. Even after
just momentary contact between AC and paint: ZAP. I feel this is such a
good ingredient to add into our invincible human bodies.

So, flash forward to today as John Appleseed heads to the Mexico plant
in his VW, checks the product handlers on the line, maybe he's a beeg
fat greasy monster 12 year old eating sourkrout burritos making the big
gashouse vapors which smoke damage the exposed top surfaces of the Ti.
It may be from the same employee that all of the Ti's have ~bad~ paint.

When my skin peels off in 2025, yet not be sweating over that fact, I'll
know why. I've been doing UAD ever since aluminum chemicals came onto
the scene.

Nicholson