[Ti] PCMCIA AND FLASH CARDS

Tomas Jones tomasjones at mac.com
Mon Dec 2 07:53:06 PST 2002

On 12/2/02 6:56 AM, "duncan.j.atkinson at talk21.com"
<duncan.j.atkinson at talk21.com> wrote:

> Can Anybody Help.
> When I Put a Compact Flash Card into the
> PCMCIA slot it just crashes the G4. Do I Need
> to get drivers for it? I`m running OS 9.1.

What device (camera) are you using?.  If the camera allows for it, try
reformatting the card in the camera.  If that does not work, Try this:

Shut down the computer.  Put the card in and boot.  If it boots
successfully, use the disk utility to format the card.

I have been using a CF card from my Nikon CoolPix 900 for a few years with
OS9 and OSX, and never had a problem.  Formatted the card in the camera