[Ti] Portable Printer for the Ti G4 PB

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Tue Dec 3 12:53:04 PST 2002

Henry Kalir writes:

"Is anyone using a portable printer which can be taken on the road as a
companion to their Ti G4 PB?

"I'm thinking of somehting slim, which can fit in a carry-on bag along with
the Ti."

I have had tremendous good luck with the H-P DeskJet portable printer; specifically, a DeskJet 310 that I used for years, in the U.S. and on trips to Europe.  Indeed, when I bought my new Ti 800 at the end of May, I also purchased a new H-P DeskJet 350CBi, which is a color and B&W printer with great quality.  Only one problem: H-P can't get their drivers right.

I call H-P and they talk me through a "fix," and then the same problem occurs again.  I know others have had problems with H-P drivers and OSX too.  I am running 10.1.5, and have not switched to 10.2 yet, so seemingly they should have remedied the problem by now.

I also print to an H-P LaserJet which is a dream, and there are no driver problems with it.  But the H-P techies tell me that the portable printers (e.g., the DeskJets) are apparently configured differently.

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com