[Ti] Dent in the lid

Bear senoj at pd.jaring.my
Tue Dec 3 16:41:32 PST 2002

Hi Chris,

I have had to take apart my G3 "Wallstreet" screen several times. The
screen cables were damaged (both sides) by a less than careful
technician from a local Apple dealer who was replacing the screen
clutches. It is an involved and very fiddly procedure. It requires
removal of the keyboard, parts of the main casing and then complete
removal of the screen. After that you have to peel off the plastic
sticky back covers which hide the screws, then that you have to be
REALLY careful not to break the securing lugs in the plastic casing of
the screen as they are very fragile. I shall go no further because it
gets worse and you can read all about it on the web. I have the address
somewhere.
Needless to say I resolved my screen problem ie not working at all but
I did cause damage to those lugs. It was cosmetic only but I suggest it
is best left to Apple.

Mark Jones