[Ti] Battery Life / new battery

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Wed Dec 4 04:37:40 PST 2002

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 06:14  AM, Anders Adlercreutz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I´m getting 35-45minutes out of my PBG4-400 nowadays, down from os9 4h
>  and OS10.1 2,5h. Is this likely to be a sw-problem rather than an
> old-battery one? Arent Li-Ion-batteries supposed to be eternal?....
> I´d like to hear your opininions as I wouldn´t want to by a new
> battery just to get 45 minutes out of that, too.
>
> Anders

Since i achieve about 2 hours on my TiBook G4 400 with a 2 year old
battery in 10.1.5 i sould say your battery is going bad. With a volt
meter and a high wattage resistor setup one could do a drain test on a
battery (like mechanics do on car batteries) . This way one should be
able to tell what condition the battery is in.  If someone you know has
a tibook and you can try their battery for one cycle that would be one
indicator. Im sure you would get at least 2 hours use out of a new
battery.  The only reason you would not is if it is not getting charged
properly or you have some kind of short.

frank farwell