[Ti] Ethernet cable (crossover?)

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Dec 4 12:12:10 PST 2002

--On Wednesday, December 4, 2002 10:00 AM -0500 Roger Snyder
<rogersnyder at pobox.com> wrote:

>     Do all of the Ti automatically adjust for a non crossover Ethernet
> cable when connect computer to computer?

I believe all of the Titanium PowerBooks are auto-sensing or
auto-negotiating, or whatever it's called. Crossover cables should not be
needed. The ethernet interface will automatically detect what it needs to
do. It doesn't hurt to use one, though. Might work better if there is any
anomalies or problems with auto-negotiation.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com