[Ti] Airport

Mark Booth markbooth at cox.net
Thu Dec 5 19:23:56 PST 2002

I'm new to the list.  I just got my first TiBook a couple of days ago
(a 667mhz DVI closeout model at an incredible price that I couldn't
pass up).  Just today, I moved the Airport card from my 12" iBook to
the new TiBook.  Given the reports I've read around the web, I was
concerned about wireless performance.  Well, while 802.11b
performance is not as strong as I experienced with my iBook, I still
get plenty of signal strength on the TiBook.  I can use it anywhere
in the  house without problems.  I should mention, however, that I
use an SMC Barricade wireless access point, not Apple's Base Station.

Mark