Airport

Ken Simpson ksimpson at optushome.com.au
Sat Dec 7 19:07:26 PST 2002

I got so frustrated with mine, I got rid of it (the airport card)
picked up a cheap Cabletron Enterasys card and voila, I now get
excellent reception in my (cavity brick) house and can use it in my
backyard and in the local park (albeit at reduced speed). Using the
Wireless 802.11b beta driver from SourceForge.

Apart from the fact that it sticks out the side (antenna) and takes
up a PC card slot which I guess one day I MAY go back to needing, I
am much happier with it than with the Airport. (can take it out and
reduce battery drain if I want to too.)

--
Regards
Ken Simpson