[Ti] PowerBook sighting! CSI

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Sun Dec 8 09:21:09 PST 2002

Bill Reburn wrote on 12/7/02 11:14 AM:

> Even worse,
>
> On CSI and 24, they use a lot of mac products - often (CSI 100%) running
> Winblows software.
>
> I tried to reason that maybe all that Forensic/Top Secret software ran on
> PC's only - maybe they're running Virtual PC?

As someone who trains CSI personnel throughout the US (real CSI, not the TV
version), I have to say that there isn't really much that is Windows-only in
this field. There are Mac, Linux and Windows versions of many apps, or ways
to do most functions in any of those platforms. Remember, the TV show is a
TV show.

George Reis
--
Imaging Forensics
18627 Brookhurst, PMB 324

Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and
enhancement for the law enforcement, investigative and legal communities.