[Ti] PowerBook sighting!

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Mon Dec 9 07:23:29 PST 2002

Apologies Mr. Bigley and Thanks for pointing out my bad netiquette.

You were 'crying bullshirt' to Shawn's mention of Apple not paying for
placement. I incorrectly assumed you were 'crying bullshirt' to the fact
that Apple pays at all (in any shape or form).

I think what Mr. Kegan mentions below is very interesting.

Mr Kegan states,
"Generally, in the USA, if a brand-identified product is used
in media in its ordinary way for its ordinary purpose,
there is no need to obtain permission.
However, were there a likely confusion regarding
sponsorship or endorsement, then permission might be helpful
to obtain in advance. This is a general comment,
particular facts may change the general rule."

On 12/8/02 9:16 PM, "Michael Bigley" <wakinyan at fuse.net> wrote:

> shawn said the above

> someone else said that
>

>>>  Although I have no direct proof Apple, I have spent 10 years in the
>>>  advertising business, and this is common practice. So unless you can
>>>  provide credible sources Shawn, I will have to cry bullshirt.
>>>
>>> I will add, that this may not be pay in cash, but in actual hardware
>>> and/or software... not just for the prop but for video editing, etc.
>
> I said those two things.
>

> You are a victim of bad netiquette...

Bill Reburn