[Ti] PowerBook sighting!

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Mon Dec 9 08:39:20 PST 2002

On 12/9/02 10:19 AM, "Mike Stanley" <macguy at guarded-inn.com> wrote:

> Do you mean to say that say that Apple in no way pays for *any* product
> placement, be it television, movie, what have you?

No money changes hands. Apple *may* give product to production companies to
use after the shoot is over.

> How does Apple manage this when other companies pay for it?

Because Apple has cool products that people *want* to have in their
productions. Gives Apple a leg up. :-)

Plus, there are many times when a production uses Macs just because they
want to. Seinfeld was a perfect example.

We all know that Jerry Seinfeld's character had a Mac on his desk. At the
beginning of each season, it was whatever the latest and greatest of Apple's
products were.

Well, Apple never "placed" those products there. The Set Designers were fans
of Apple's products and they put them there themselves. As a matter of fact,
Jerry Seinfeld doesn't use a computer.

Hope that helps.

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
GeekSpeak, InDesign vs Quark,
The Holiday Gift Guide & Expo Special Report!
http://www.yourmaclife.com