[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Robin Darby robindarby at mac.com
Tue Dec 10 08:10:27 PST 2002

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 03:52  pm, Michael Bigley wrote:

>> I'm comparing Hardware Computer vendors like Apple and IBM, not
>> software only vendors like Red Hat or Yellow Dog, different market!
>
> According to Jobs, Apple is the largest distributor of Unix systems
> (OSX), though combined, I am sure they outpace Apple.  But as far as
> Unix on the desktop, well, they still haven't decided on a GUI yet ;-)
> --

Then he's just talking arse (Job's that is). Apple may be the biggest
distributor of "new systems with a *nix pre-installed", but then thats
only really between Apple and Sun (and HP up until last year?). Redhat
& co. don't make computers (ydl do - but they don't make stupid
statements (they do however make cool systems)).
The question is why does he care so much - there are << 5% Porch('a :)
drivers on the rd, but thats not worrying them.

Ta
   Robin...