[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Tue Dec 10 08:33:35 PST 2002

I  beg to differ. Statistics focusing on Windows vs Mac OS are
inherently biased. For example I cannot find anywhere statistics on PC
bought with WIndows (any flavor) inside and then end up having the HD
wiped out right-away and a Linux version installed at the place.
I know many who did exactly that which amounts to buying a computer as
a simple piece of hardware. Not only, have you ever heard of the class
suit against M$?  from users who did exactly that and asked for being
reimbursed the add-on on the price because the PeeCee had Windows
pre-installed.

Sony next year (2003) will offer consumers to buy its line of PC with
Linux pre-installed or no OS pre-installed with lower prices than the
same version with Windows pre-installed.
Someone in Redmont must be fuming.

Cheers

--
Massimo Marino