[Ti] mandatory booting into os x

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Tue Dec 10 10:31:42 PST 2002

Seriously?

Apple moving such a firm movement/commitment to a new platform/OS off by 6
months because of 1 software vendor? Amazing!

The link to MacInTouch is back to their site, no news.. Early post - we'll
see in the next couple days I guess.

On 12/10/02 10:12 AM, "coccolithophorid at earthlink.net"
<coccolithophorid at earthlink.net> wrote:

> good news for those that can't or don't want to switch...
> from slashdot.org...
> MatthewRothenberg writes "Apple has announced that as of January, new
> Macs will boot with Mac OS X only, but now MacInTouch reports that
> there might be a reprieve in the works for booting with Mac OS.
> According to one reader, a Quark representative has been calling pro
> publishers to ease their worries about the lack of a Mac OS X-native
> version of its QuarkXPress DTP program; after talking it over with
> Quark, Apple has agreed to move back the Mac OS X-only deadline until
> June." I can imagine that conversation with Jobs: "Why don't you just
> finish porting your freaking product already?"
>
> peace,
> kevin

Bill Reburn