[Ti] Does not compute!

Aron Nelson online at diystompboxes.com
Tue Dec 10 17:45:04 PST 2002

>OK, maybe it is just me, but would someone please point out the logic of
>such a move, because I for one can't detect even a shred of it.

First of all, I am bummed as well since I use music software which is
not even really "there" yet.

I asked this a while ago and here's a response from someone from another list:

>Apple is apparently considering removing the ability to boot into OS
>9??? This really irritates me! Goodbye Studio Vision/Galaxy/etc....
>on your new machine. I hope this is wrong.

Well ... if you consider that part of what makes a new machine a new
machine is that it has new hardware, and that Apple expends
considerable engineering resources on drivers for that hardware, and
that OS's 9 and X have *completely* different driver models ... how
long should Apple continue writing those drivers?  What if new
hardware were more than just incrementally different?