Windows Refund

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 11 07:10:38 PST 2002

As seen on Slashdot:

"Posted by michael on Wednesday December 11, @09:17AM
from the worthy-sequel dept.
pbody writes "Sorry if this is rehashing an old topic, but I was
looking for advice on how to try to get a refund for the copy of XP
that is coming with the laptop I just bought when I came across this on
LinuxJournal about windowsrefund.net. They are organizing "Windows
Refund Day II" on January 23, 2003 -- which coincides with the
LinuxWorld Expo in NYC. Knowing how the first refund day turned out,
how many out there are going to the Expo and are thinking about
participating? For that matter, has anybody had any luck at all getting
a refund from a vendor lately?"

This related to previous posts claiming that very few buy a computer to
ditch Windows... Not an hoard, granted, but not to be neglected either.
Practically ALL Linux users I know have ditched their Windows
installation. So if Linux presence makes for say 5% they also
contributed the same 5% to Windows market share (which IS big deal)

--
Massimo Marino
NERSC Division - HPC Department
Massimo.Marino at cern.ch