[Ti] Does not compute!

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Wed Dec 11 11:08:22 PST 2002

>You are not "allowed" to run System 6 because it is not aware of the
>existence of IDE, PCI, AGP, the PowerPC architecture and machine
>language, and just about everything else that the computer is based
>on.  In the latest model of G4 tower, the ATA 100 bus is not
>completely supported in OS 9.  This is because the time that it
>takes to write the software to support hardware is usually
>significantly greater than the time it takes to make the hardware
>itself.

Actually you *can* run System 6 (and earlier) if you really want to.
There's an emulator out there, which is mainly for people who want to
run old games (e.g. Dark Castle), which creates a "virtual Mac" on
your Mac. I wish I could remember the name - it's pretty cool if
you're a Mac veteran and have fond memories of all this old stuff.

Paul