[Ti] Cable connection over airport

David Dawson dawson54 at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Dec 11 13:43:11 PST 2002

Marcus,

I just plugged the ethernet cable from the cable modem into the
ethernet port of the G4 Tower, and used the Airport Admin Utility in my
TiBook (550) to set up the wireless connection.  Everything sort of
configured itself.  The software assigned the proper numbers, and
everything (HTML, POP, STMP, etc) came through with no problems at all.
  Back when I had a Windows machine the cable company was very helpful
in telling me all the DNS numbers and Subnet Filters to enter.  WIth OS
X, it was automatic.

So, for want of better help, maybe a call to the cable provider would
do it?

Dave