[Ti] Please Please help. Ti 550MHz Won't Boot... Why? Full story inside.

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Dec 12 06:02:07 PST 2002

>What is you thinking on the CD concept?  I'm curious.
>
>I used an external 12x firewire cd burner (oops - forgot to mention
>that) so the internal burner was just being read from  - not written
>to.
>
>do you still suspect the cdr/dvd drive?

have you tried unplugging the external -- all external -- devices and
going thru those various boot processes? My thinking is the hang is
coming before it is getting to any software, when the boxen is
running thru hardware/firmware checks. FWTDM does not, to my
knowledge, do any hardware checks.  BTW, I would certainly back up
everything while in that mode, in case this is the beginning of
something more severe. I guessed CD because you were doing CD
activity; it could be the external burner, as well, or the port that
the burner is plugged in to.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com