[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Thu Dec 12 16:05:06 PST 2002

John O'Brien wrote:

> They only care about Microsoft because it just happens to be the standard,
> and it just happens to be the standard because it runs on x86.

Another perspective; x86 became the "standard" because it was developed
*for* Microsoft.  I think the two go hand in hand.  Linux is pretty much
universal - runs on virtually anything.  Linux performs better on most
"alternative" (non-x86) hardware.  I think most other OS's would too.
Microsoft Windows is one of the only OS's in existence that relies
totally on x86 - everybody else has their own hardware platform for
their operating system.

Just for giggles, take a look at Terra Soft's new MB that will be
available in January:
Chris Olson
Network Administrator
AST Communications,  Inc.