[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri Dec 13 06:17:11 PST 2002

>Right! Lets take a vote here - How many of the listmemebers think that
>Apple SHOULD port OS X to the WINTELS?

They have.
I believe they have to put a non-PPC chip on their motherboards. The
development of the PPC is just too slow... and even discounting the
Megahertz myth no longer works for Apple. The new Intel chips that
are being released now make that even a bigger priority for Apple.
While marketing hype and "benchmarking" are marginal and often
skewed, in reading discussion boards for things like video editing (a
market that Apple wants very badly) have a consensus that there is
nothing on the Mac platform that competes in speed with Wintel; the
thing that is keeping Apple in the game is software, which is still
superior to Wintel.

So my answer is: I believe they have to port it; I wish they didn't.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com