[Ti] PC Killer on the Loose

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Sat Dec 14 11:08:12 PST 2002

This is by design.  Starting with I believe the 550/667 models (maybe
one rev later; the 400/500 don't do this) the power management is
altered somewhat to help lengthen the life span of the battery.  Your
battery will drop to about 95% before it will begin charging again;
this is to prevent extremely short battery charge cycles to gain one or
two percent, which aren't good for the battery.

Steve Talkowski <stevetalkowski at mac.com> writes:
> Odd thing, after my battery reaches 100% full charge, it then appears
> to seep juice (the value drops a few percentage points) but the plug
> icon still indicates it's connected to the power supply.   I've never
> had a battery drain while plugged in before - anyone else experience
> this?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html