[OT][Ti] Web browsers (was AOL!)

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Dec 14 11:47:08 PST 2002

>You are so right.  I just upgraded to Netscape 7.01 -- based on your
>recommendation -- and it is a much better browser.  Thank you.

If you are in OSX, have you tried Chimera? This is a most excellent
Cocoa version of Mozilla. In fact, it is touted as the most
standards-compliant browser on the market.

If AOL is sporting a new site design, it may (hopefully for your
sake) be more W3C standards compliant than previous versions. It
seems we are finally getting to a point where web developers are
designing to the standards and making it the responsibility of the
browser folks to comply.

As we move to a more XML based world, hacking your code to work on
the "popular" browsers is simply short-sighted.

I am seeing more and more sights that work well in Chimera but not in IE.

But then again, it could be just lame AOL code ;-)
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com