chimera

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 14 17:18:39 PST 2002

Mike Bigley  wrote:
If you are in OSX, have you tried Chimera? This is a most excellent
Cocoa version of Mozilla. In fact, it is touted as the most
standards-compliant browser on the market.

If AOL is sporting a new site design, it may (hopefully for your
sake) be more W3C standards compliant than previous versions. It
seems we are finally getting to a point where web developers are
designing to the standards and making it the responsibility of the
browser folks to comply.

As we move to a more XML based world, hacking your code to work on
the "popular" browsers is simply short-sighted.

I am seeing more and more sights that work well in Chimera but not in
IE.

But then again, it could be just lame AOL code ;-)

Kevin wrote:
I'd say this is the best browser I've ever used (online since '92) the
best thing
about it in my opinion, is when you open a bunch of tabs (5 +) that you
go to all
the time, you can bookmark the group of tabs. Mozilla does this also
but it's not
cocoa. So in the morning, I click bookmarks, morning news, load, then 5
tabs
begin to load all at once while I read titanium digest. Then I go read
slashdot,
slashdot apple, boingboing, smartmobs, and google news sci tech. I
never wait
for anything to load because while a new tab is loading, I'm reading a
different tab.
I'll never go back to browsing where I actually have to wait for a page
to load,
that sucks.

peace,
Kevin