[Ti] Chimera

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Mon Dec 16 07:05:11 PST 2002

I am really liking Chimera, tabbed browsing isn't really anything special -
just another way of doing the same thing really - in fact I wish that a
function exists to allow the newly created Tab to 'open' behind the page
you're viewing ( I wish any browser had this function)

I haven't been able to find a good Bookmark manager yet either. Annoying
trying to remember which browser I used to view a link.. (not that it is
THAT hard to remember - but I have much more important things on the go than
remembering where I bookmark some page.)

As far as CPU hogging.. Chimera is not immune. I have seen others posting of
Chimera running away with the processor - and this morning it did just that
to me. Sat down to read the email and was surprised when the 1st stage fan
came on after about 10/15 minutes (I am on a Ti550/combo/768ram). It
ususally doesn't come on at all with just email browsing. Look up at iPulse
and the CPU is maxed right out. Open Terminal>Top and there is Chimera
hogging 79%!! of the CPU.. No pages open, nothing. After a quit and relaunch
- it was fine again.

Go Figure.?!

At it's usual running pace - pages do load a little faster and overall less

On 12/15/02 7:43 PM, "Nigel Williamson" <nigel.williamson at mojo.com.au>
wrote:

> My only issue with Chimera is that I use OS9 at work and X at home...
> which means I share my bookmarks in IE between 9 and X. Add a
> bookmark in X and it'll be ready for me in 9 at work the next day. Is
> this possible to do with Chimera?
>
> I've used Chimera before and I have to say there IS a marginal
> difference in speed when loading pages... nothing major. I think the
> only REAL asset as regards Chimera is the tabbed browsing and reduced
> CPU hogging.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> N.
>
> At 12:20 -0700 on 15/12/02, Benn wrote:
>> On Sunday, December 15, 2002, at 11:51  AM, Robert Nicholson wrote:
>>> What other browsers offer IE's scrapbook like feature?
>>>
>>> These days that's what's keeping me in IE.
>>
>> I used this a lot before for saving order confirmations among other
>> things.  Now I just print to PDF.  However, this might not be
>> helpful to you, especially if you still plan to use the web links on
>> the page.
>>
>> Just wanted to say I've been using Chimera since 0.2 and I love it.
>> I think everyone should give it a try.
>>
>> Benn

Bill Reburn