intel vs. apple

Daniel Borge dani at borgepalace.com
Tue Dec 17 12:30:53 PST 2002

 >The con with PCs (although PC users in general say it is a pro)
 >is that you cannot count on *a* configuration which will work and
 >perfectly tuned with your OS. On paper same specs may gibe their users
 >totally different experiences.

As a long time pc user, I can say yes to that answer, really, all the pc's
sold in a consumer shop will behave differently, even though it's from the
same company.
That's why with pc's, u should build one yourself, so that u know it works
with the best components. (something like an apple machine...) :)
My old pc still behaves & performes better than many socalled "brand"
pc's out there.
Inkluding a Dell my neighbour bought (a so called new Pentium 2.2 which
cannot
seems to encode films faster than mine....weird)

 >I agree with you that a crap PC is by
 >far more easier to be trapped into than a crap Mac: a Mac is a Mac is
 >a Mac. Like it or not you know exactly what you get: no bad surprises.
 >Looks like your PC is giving you a taste of a Mac experience ;-)

Not just giving, but looking more like it too :) with all the themes out
there...