[Ti] Airport Card Install: Problems and Error Codes

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Dec 18 07:08:02 PST 2002

On  Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:31:35 -0500 Todd Ingram <taingram at cinci.rr.com>
wrote:

> I also ran disk first aid and techtool with no luck.  I then decided to
> check the card in my ibook.  Swapped cards and fired up the ibook...instant
> access...the card is functional.

So the card is functioning. Does the iBook card work in the TiPB?

Since the pins on the Airport card connector on the TiPB have been sitting
idle all these years, I would guess that some oxidation has developed. This
would make one or more of the pins non-functioning. So what I would do is do
is do a few more insertions of the card and wiggle it a bit. This should
wear any oxidation off the pins. Maybe you could also put a drop or two of
contact cleaner in the slot before pushing the card in. Same with the plug
and jack of the antenna wire.

Good luck...

jg