[Ti] Can i remove Ti Modem to save battery life?

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Wed Dec 18 09:44:15 PST 2002

I wouldn't recommend it, but you could probably do it.  I doubt you'd
save any significant power, however.  The modem should be deactivated
any time it's not actively in use.  You'd save a lot more battery power
by turning down the display brightness one notch, or any of 50 million
other ways to reduce power.

Luke Mazzeri <etyrnal at ameritech.net> writes:
> i have the 550MHz TiBook
>

> can i remove the internal factory modem to save on battery life?
> will 'disabling' that port configuration in the sys prefs remove power
> from the modem?
> can i just unplug the modem internally from the power or logic board?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html