sleep problem

db deebee at aon.at
Wed Dec 18 11:28:53 PST 2002

My wife, who's out of town on business at the moment, emailed to tell me
that she's had to stop putting her 667 TBook (DVI) to sleep as she's
experiencing real difficulties in getting it to wake up. Usually only a
shut-down/restart cycle or two will put the box back to right. She's
running 10.2.2 and yes, we do have the HP drivers on board, but it was
giving no her problems before she left 2 weeks ago. I suggested she
reset the power manager but she is hesitant to lift up the keyboard. As
a side note, and perhaps a reason for the sudden glitch, she is normally
hooked up to the LAN via ethernet where she's visiting - tho' I can't
really imagine why this would have introduced the anomaly as she does
the same thing at work here.

Has anyone else experienced or dealt with this snafu? Many thanks for
whatever advice comes along.
db
Richard Bright
Herzogenburg, Austria

ps. if you haven't seen this yet, well... it's worth a visit:

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/dah18/america/