Dead Screen = Frustration w/ Apple

j.list at ninewire.com j.list at ninewire.com
Thu Dec 19 10:07:15 PST 2002

I came home yesterday, opened by laptop, and noticed the
screen was flickering.  I rebooted it, and was shocked to
notice that the bottom 1/3 of the screen was black.  That's
no good!  Slowly, the black seemed to change to a very
blurry frozen image of the screen.  I shut the computer
down and took a nap and when I woke up, the screen was
fine!  So then this morning, I get into work, open the
screen, and it has done the same thing.

I just spent the last 40 minutes on the phone with apple
and I have to send it in to them again.  This will be the
second time in 2 months and last time they replaced $4800
worth of parts, (on a $3000 laptop?) including the screen.
 They're telling me repair times are 5-7 days and they're
closed on the 25th, the 31st and the 1st.  Considering I
make the majority of my income from this laptop, this is
making my day a little gray.

Has any one had this problem with the screen before?  Does
any one have any suggestions on how to deal w/ Apple?
 Maybe I can get them to expedite it?  Is this something
the local apple service center could handle?

Ahhh!

Thanks

--

     Jesse Williams-Proudman || CEO
  NineWire Digital Solutions || +1.888.873.6199

          Xserve Colocation Special, $75 / Month
                http://www.ninewire.com